Game design can be applied to many activities at work and in the classroom, including strategy execution, communicating values in a company, engaging new employees or creating experiential learning in seminars and conferences.
Designing a Customised Game
We have designed games on various subjects, e.g. coaching, employee on-boarding, strategy execution and human rights in business. Games and learning tools can take different forms from card- and boardgames to simulations. Some interventions are only slightly gamified and the development of a visual tool is the right objective.
In all cases, we start from the desired impact, keeping in mind the audience and how they can make the most out of the experience.
Designing a business game is different from normal game design. The resulted learning is more important than a fun game mechanism, although the two are not necessarily in competition.
What and How
1. A serious game designed for you
A fully customised serious game. This can be on a framework, subject, or processes such as employee on-boarding, development discussions, team building, or strategy implementation.
As a taster, we kick-off the quest with these questions:
- Who is going to play the game?
- What do you want the players to walk away with? What insights should they get from playing the game?
The budget of the project will be defined in more detail when the project specification is clear.
2. Modification of an existing game
You can create your very own game cost-efficiently and fast by customising our existing games.
Customising existing games
- Change the Topic and Audience. You want to make a game on your topic, (eg. on a framework, subject, or processes such as employee onboarding, development discussions, team building, or strategy implementation)
- Change the Questions. You can either come up with the relevant Insight questions yourself, or we can help you formulate powerful questions to put on the cards.
- Change the Rules and Facilitation Guide. You can adapt the rules to suit your needs. How will your users engage with the game? Do you have an ideal group size and duration of the game? Does the game need to lead to concrete actions?
- Change the Visuals and Story. When the content is ready, let’s make the game tell your story and add visuals. This can be your brand guidelines, your logo, or work with our illustrator to design a completely new look and feel.
- Change a part of the Goal. E.g. Changing investor personas to communication expert personas on the Unicorn Game.
Ready to create your own game or want to learn more? Have a chat with our team and we can get started.
+358 44 20 55 143